In Tides of Vengeance, we’ll be getting a new pet battle dungeon, an updated Smoochums model (which was later reverted back to its fluffy spectral model) and a whole heap of pets to add to our collections.
If you enjoyed the Family Familiar achievements, get ready for another round with the tamers from BfA. Completing the meta rewards the Wicker Wraith. For strategies, check out my Family Battler playlist.
- Darkshore Sentinel – Burninator Mark V / Athil Dewfire
- Detective Ray – Conflagros
- Everburning Treant – Zim’kaga / Onu
- Gust of Cyclarus – Cyclarus
- Hydrath Droplet – Hydrath
- Nightwreathed Watcher – Grimhorn – a chance to be inside the Nightwreathed Egg (hatches after 5 days)
- Void Jelly – Soggoth the Slitherer
- Zur’aj the Depleted – Twilight Prophet Graeme
- Child of Pa’ku – Conclave of the Chosen (Battle of Dazar’alor)
- Enchanted Tiki Mask – King Rastakhan (Battle of Dazar’alor) Enchanting recipe
- Spawn of Krag’wa – Conclave of the Chosen (Battle of Dazar’alor) requires Mythic
- Thunder Lizard Runt – Conclave of the Chosen (Battle of Dazar’alor)
- Redridge Tarantula – Gnollfeaster scales with toon 15 – 120 (Redridge Mountains) see video
Look for the world quest Battle Bots during the Faction Assault in Vol’dun. Two elites (Dookthar the Destroyer and Arachni) will be battling it out on a bridge (41.84. 42.32) but you can speed up the process by handing in Alkalescent Salt as part of the WQ. This fills up their energy bar giving them more energy to win. The winning side can loot a cache containing one of three materials needed to build the pet below:
- Rebuilt Gorilla Bot (A)- collect 3 items from Dookthar the Destroyer
- Rebuilt Mechanical Spider (H) – collect 3 items from Arachni
You can sometimes hand in salt and loot the barrel in the middle of the bridge even if the WQ isn’t up. (see video)
The pet battle dungeon has several new pets which can be purchased from the vendor, in addition to the one you receive after completing the scenario on challenge mode. Check out the video if you’re interested in a preview.
- Alarm-o-Dog – 3 Pristine Gizmo
- Leper Rat – 2 Pristine Gizmo
- Mechanical Cockroach – 1 Pristine Gizmo
- Mechantula – Engineering schematic
- Mini Spider Tank – reward from completing the challenge
Once exalted, you’ll have a chance to collect four additional pets from the bonus reputation caches.
- Albatross Hatchling – Proudmoore Admiralty Supplies
- Cobalt Raven – Order of Embers Supplies
- Crimson Bat Pup – Talanji’s Expedition Supplies
- Violet Abyssal Eel – Storm’s Wake Supplies
Island Expeditions Drops
- Baby Stonehide
- Rotting Ghoul
- Needleback Pup
- Shadefeather Hatchling
- Leatherwing Screecher
- Firesting Buzzer
- Lord Woofington
- Thunderscale Whelpling
Island Expedition Vendor
A new vendor (Captain Klarisa – Alliance, Captain Zen’taga – Horde) will be located by the Island Expedition table in each capital city (see video)
Two faction pets, one rare drop and a fourth wild pet to collect (see video)
- Baby Zandalari Raptor – wild pet
- Dasher – N’chala the Egg Thief
- Tanzil – Provisioner Mukra (Horde)
- Trecker – Provisioner Stoutforge (Alliance)
Lastly, if you’re about to max out on space, there’s a new journal upgrade coming. The Interdimensional Pet Portal will allow you to store up to 2000 pets in your collection.
Are you excited by any of these additions?