The Kalimdor Cup is a two-week event between August 15–28. With sixteen races spread across Kalimdor, players will be able to complete some challenging courses in Normal, Advanced, and Reverse variations. Speak to Lord Andestrasz by the Rostrum of Transformation in Valdrakken to pick up the initial quest.
- Ahn’Qiraj Circuit
- Ashenvale Ambit
- Great Divide Dive
- Desolace Drift
- Durotar Tour
- Felwood Flyover
- Feralas Ruins Ramble
- Hyjal Hotfoot
- Nordrassil Spiral
- Razorfen Roundabout
- Rocketway Ride
- Thousand Needles Thread
- Uldum Tour
- Un’Goro Crater Circuit
- Webwinder Weave
- Winter Wander
Completing each race on all difficulties will give you a number of achievements, and a new form of currency to purchase three new dragon customizations and a cool Drake Racer’s transmog set. You can earn 3 badges from each version (normal, advanced, reverse) and rating (bronze, silver, gold) for a maximum of 9 badges from each race. Check out the playlist for all my advanced and reverse gold ratings.
Riders of Azeroth Badges
The following items are available from Maztha in Valdrakken located next to Lord Andestrasz by the Rostrum of Transformation.
Brand new dragon customizations
Windborne Velocidrake: Teal Scales – 50 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Winding Slitherdrake: Curved Nose Horn – 50 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Winding Slitherdrake: Blonde Hair – 50 Riders of Azeroth Badges
New Drake Racer’s transmog set
Drake Racer’s Helmet – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Drake Racer’s Shoulderpads – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Drake Racer’s Jersey – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Drake Racer’s Handwraps – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Drake Racer’s Belt – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Drake Racer’s Leggings – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Drake Racer’s Boots – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
I managed to get 120 badges on Cym completing all regular races on gold, and a minimum of bronze for the advanced and reverse versions. Then completed the initial quest on a second toon and did a few extra races until I had the last 10 badges I needed for the set since you get 10 badges from the quest reward. Some tracks were definitely easier than others. It was quick enough getting gold for the regular races but there were a few doozies for those who like a challenge.
Here are the ones that gave me the most grief:
- Un’Goro Crater Circuit: Advanced (GOLD)
- Un’Goro Crater Circuit: Reverse (GOLD)
- Durotar Tour: Advanced (GOLD)
- Durotar Tour: Reverse (GOLD)
- Ahn’Qiraj Circuit: Advanced (GOLD)
- Ahn’Qiraj Circuit: Reverse (GOLD) – This was the last one I needed for the Silver achievement. I had so many attempts where I was just 1 second off so I was determined to keep trying until I hit the mark. For this one, you need quite a bit of lift to get a reasonable speed so I tried using one or two Skyward Ascents before hitting that first ring. It turned out to be a waste of vigour so I ended up only hitting it once for that initial lift followed by Surge Forward to reach the first ring. I didn’t really use Skyward Ascent in the other races (unless it was at the start) but it really shines here in certain parts of the track.
- Feralas Ruins Ramble: Advanced (GOLD)
- Uldum Tour: Advanced (GOLD)
You can check out my other gold ratings on YouTube.