Fractures in Time brings more pets and models to collect and a new questline and dailies to help keep us occupied. Do you have what it takes to look after five whelps at the daycare centre in Valdrakken? There are ten pets to collect, a toy and a few achievements too.
Little Scales Daycare
The dragons have more eggs than they can handle, so they’ve called in the crew at the Little Scales Daycare to help. The crew quickly finds itself overwhelmed and so has asked for a little help from their friends—you. You’ll guide five dragon whelps as they grow and learn about the dragon flights, earn Renown, and more.
It starts with a drool-soaked note, delivered by Herald Flaps who can pop up anywhere in the Dragon Isles. The whelps won’t have any stats, but there are five battle pets to collect – a friend for each whelp. The entire questline will take 16 days to complete.
- Eggs in Abundance
- Whelptender’s Wisdom
- Daycare Director Agapanthus
- Snack Run, A Nurturing Environment and A Lesson in Responsibility
- The Obsidian Hatchling
- Warmth and Comfort – make sure you’ve completed the campaign at the Obsidian Throne because you will need to interact with one of the NPCs near Sabellian and Wrathion.
- A Home-Cooked Meal – cook Thrice-Spiced Mammoth Kabob to learn the Roast Duck Delight recipe. I only needed to cook it once. Don’t forget you can use Pierre as a cooking fire.
- Tag, You’re Anxious
- What’s a Duck?
- A Solid Pet rewards Iggy – Solid and dependable, Iggy is always ready for a fierce battle or a gentle metaphor.
- Anatidaephobia rewards Rusziona – Rusziona’s newfound courage means she can accompany you on adventures! Nothing in all of Azeroth can stop her! Not even a duck!
- The Ruby Hatchling
- Crimson Comfort
- Warm Dragonfruit Pie rewards the Trusty Dragonkin Rake
- You’re Playing Wrong!
- I’m the Boss!
- A Cavalier Pet – Princess Vorquistrasza – Princess Vorquistrasza wants you to know that she appreciates you coming to her birthday party, but is underwhelmed by your gift.
- Patience, Please rewards Belastrasza – Bela has learned some humility since you first met her, so she likely won’t boss you around too much.
- The Bronze Hatchling
- Nothing Like a Sandy Nap
- Artisanal Aging
- Here? There? Everywhere!
- Sneezing Through Time
- A Scaly Pet rewards Annuna – Annuna’s distinctive colouration is due to her eating nothing but orange dragonflies.
- Temporal Immunity rewards Zhusadormu – Now that he’s no longer sneezing through time, Zhusa is ready to accompany you on your future adventures! Or past adventures! Or future adventures!
- The Azure Hatchling
- A Scholar’s Delight – requires 1x Awakened Frost
- Crystal Nutrition
- Well, Actually…
- New Lenses
- A Scholar’s Pet rewards Pallibrius – Pallibrius is an amazing book because of its wealth of arcane knowledge. Also because of all the pie recipes its previous owner scribbled in the margins.
- Sight Isn’t Everything rewards Zalethgos – Zaleth is looking forward to accompanying you on your adventures. He’s already got a list of books he wants to take with him, but Lasztak said he could only bring 2.
- The Emerald Hatchling
- Home Sweet Dirt
- Hochenblume Harvest – requires 5x Hochenblume (rank 2)
- So… Tired…
- A Green Who Can’t Sleep?
- A Sleepy Pet rewards Somnius – Somnius is legendary for her ability to sleep through everything except suppertime. This is the same model as the Snowclaw Cub.
- Hibernation rewards Posidriss – Posidriss is excited to go on adventures with you, but maybe let them have a nap first?
Hey Nanny Nanny – Tend to the needs of five newly hatched whelplings at Little Scales Daycare.
- Runaway Rusziona – Help Rusziona glide through the rings.
- Zhoomsa – Help Zhusadormu glide through the rings.
- Blistering Belastrasza – Help Belastrasza glide through the rings.
- Zaleth on the Go – Help Zalethgos glide through the rings.
- Pole Position Posidriss – Help Posidriss glide through the rings.
- A Wealth of Whelp Snacks – Gather snack orders from vendors in Valdrakken.
- Hoard Behavior – Gather materials for Sir Pringly’s habitat.
- Off the Page – Battle the villains of various stories for the whelps at the Little Scales Daycare.
- Dignified Disguises – Find Belastrasza and her friends in Valdrakken.
- Cozy Camouflage – Find Posidriss and their friends in Valdrakken.
- Obsidian Obfuscation – Find Ruszi and her friends in Valdrakken.
- Appetizing Aftermath – Help put the Little Scales Daycare back into order.
- Arts and Crafts and Baths – Help clean up paint around the Little Scales Daycare.
- Fowl Runic Scribblings – Help put the Little Scales Daycare back into order.
- Scanning the Stacks – Find Zaleth and his friends in Valdrakken.
- Eternal Escapades – Find every Zhusa in Valdrakken.
With a nose for secrets, Tobias is ready to be by the side of super sleuths.
Kabluey – comes from a short questline ending with By Time Fire be Purged!
Ten thousand years spent floating in a time stasis is quite a bit of time to work on material.
From the flavour text, this sounds like a particular genie from Aladdin and reminds me of the tribute to Robin Williams back in Warlords of Draenor.
While it doesn’t matter what your spec is when you pick up the initial quest, make sure you’re specced into Augmentation for the final quest Augmenting a Dragon because you’ll need to use Ebon Might and Blistering Scales.
The following pets can drop from the end of the scenario or be purchased from the different vendors in Tyrhold Reservoir. The currency comes from Time Rifts and the Dawn of the Infinites Mega-Dungeon. These pets are cageable.
Jeepers – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Provisioner Qorra
This eye has witnessed untold horrors, and these fangs may be responsible for a few of their own.
Briarhorn Hatchling – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Sorotis
Loves: Broccoli, playing, and smashing things. Hates: Meat, sleeping, and mean Titan Keepers who won’t let you smash things.
Obsidian Warwhelp – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Warden Krizzik
A war-obsessed world turned her into a weapon… but they couldn’t break her spirit.
Doomrubble – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Falara Nightsong
He seems to be very angry, but it’s possible he’s just hungry.
Gill’dan – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Sir Finley Mrrgglton
Gill’dan earned his great power by drinking the blood of a demon, which would also have turned his scales green had they not already been that colour.
Killbot 9000 – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Gill the Drill
DEFECTIVE; REFUSES TO KILL. MARK FOR IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION OR SALE TO LESS INTELLIGENT ENTITY.
N’Ruby – 2750 Paracausal Flakes sold by Baron Silver
A lifetime of servitude to Anub’arak, then the Lich King, and now… you!
Which model will you pick first? I’ll be choosing Gill’dan.
The Mighty Kodo Pack – in-game shop bundle
Add a new kodo-rable pet and mount pack to your Collection! Far from being merely beasts of burden, the kodos of Kalimdor are also fierce companions and loyal mounts—though less helpful where finesse might be required.
Whether you’re riding the Armored Siege Kodo into battle, or frolicking about with the Crushhoof pet, one thing’s for sure—these mighty beasts will always have your back.
Pet Pack* for Ukraine – Adopt pets to support Ukraine
Sunny, an adorable golden retriever pet for World of Warcraft, and Flurky, a lovely baby murloc pet for Wrath of the Lich King Classic characters.
Join Mila Kunis in supporting BlueCheck and their mission to provide critical humanitarian relief in war-torn Ukraine. Purchase a special, time-limited Pet Pack* for Ukraine, and we will donate all proceeds** from its sales to this important cause.
*Pet Pack for Ukraine is available from the Battle.net® Shop until August 29, 2023, 10:00 AM PDT (17:00 GMT). These versions of pets are special editions available as a part of this initiative only.
**From July 25 to August 29, 2023, Blizzard Entertainment will donate 100% of the purchase price of each “Pet Pack for Ukraine,” to BlueCheck, less any chargebacks, refunds, and Value Added Taxes (VAT), or other similar taxes paid.
***Requires World of Warcraft® Subscription or Game Time