Battle for Azeroth brings a ton of new and updated models like some different coloured butterflies and even a hi-res prairie dog but I’m especially excited about another cool addition. We’re actually getting a mummy pet! Okay, so I was hoping it’d be one of the new archaeology rewards but it turns out it will be a mythic dungeon achievement. BOO!
Tottle will be the Battle for Azeroth promotion pet available with the Collector’s Edition or pre-purchasing the Digital Deluxe edition.
Things to note:
- Vendors selling evergreen items will now require the new Polished Pet Charms as currency. The more unique items like toys will still use Shiny Pet Charms.
- You will need 4,850 Polished Pet Charms for all the new pets.
In BfA, we’ll have a new set of Pet Battle World Quests which means max-level content but the pets will scale down to your highest-level pet on the team – like Crysa and Environeer Bert. There will also be a new type of pet currency so there’s no need to hoard your current collection any longer. A few other changes include new mechanics (on enemy pets or your own) and changes to abilities for certain pets (Bone Serpent, Crow/Gilnean Raven, Terroclaw Hatchling).
A number of companion pets (see reputation and embassy pets below) will have no stats meaning they will be unable to battle.
- Brutus – Toybox Tycoon – collect 400 toys
- Bucketshell (H) / Sir Snips (A)- Honor Level 400
- Rooter – Pet Emporium – collect 800 unique pets
- Hearthy – Master of Minions – collect 1000 unique pets
- Dreadtick Leecher – Battle Safari: Catch every battle pet on Zandalar and Kul Tiras
- Bumbles (A) – Let’s Bee Friends (see video)
- Polished Pet Charmer – Earn 500 Polished Pet Charms
- Spawn of Mereketha – drops from Merektha (Temple of Sethraliss – Mythic)
- Filthy Slime – drops from Gol’than the Malodorous (Tol Dagor – Mythic)
- Miimii – How to Keep a Mummy achievement (King’s Rest – Mythic)
- Vengeful Chicken: quest reward (Waycrest Manor)
Dart – starts with the quest Earn Their Trust
Baa’l – the Secret Pet
Reputation and vendor pets will require Polished Pet Charms which is the new currency for BfA. These are acquired through world quests and missions.
Corlain Falcon – 200 – Order of Embers (revered)
Cou’pa – 200 – Tortollan Seekers (revered)
Tragg the Curious – 75 – Talanji’s Expedition (revered)
Seabreeze Bumblebee – 250 – Storm’s Wake (revered)
Azerite Puddle, Azeriti – 100 – Champions of Azeroth (revered)
Lil’ Siege Tower – 200- 7th Legion (Vindicator Jaelaana, Boralas)
Lil’ War Machine – 200 – The Honorbound (Ransa Greyfeather, Zuldazar)
Francois, a pompous member of the bockgeoisie, whose wealth and influence was born from the exploitation and labor of the peckletariat.
Warfronts – Arathi Highlands
Aldrusian Sproutling -Branchlord Aldrus
Foulfeather – Plaguefeather
Fozling – Fozruk
Fuzzy Creepling – Venomarus
Ragepeep – Ragebeak
Scabby – Yogursa
Squawkling -Man-Hunter Rog
Teeny Titan Orb – Echo of Myzrael
Voidwiggler – Darbel Montrose
Check out the Arathi Highlands – Pet Edition post.
Collecting all the Island Expedition pets rewards the following achievement – I’m Here for the Pets. Ain’t that the truth! Thankfully the achievement is account-wide and pets from the AH count (unlike the Bigger Bag achievement from the Timeless Isle). Note: Some pets aren’t cageable.
Many of the vendor pets are story-driven or require some sort of interaction before they’ll appear on the vendor. They require either Polished Pet Charms or gold to purchase.
Talutu (Zaladazar) or Tricky Nick (Tiragarde Sound) – the mount vendor in your capital city.
Lost Platysaur (companion) – 100,000G (up to 20% faction discounts apply with Zandalari Empire /Proudmoore Admiralty or if you play a goblin)
The platysaur species has been roaming around the lands since before time was even measured. An ancient species that has adapted to walking on the land, and also for some reason has adapted to repeating some short sounds three times in a row.
Happy Holaua – The pet vendor in the Hall of Beasts (NE corner of the Horde city in Zandazar) sells a number of non-combat pets and toys.
Zandalari Shinchomper – 50
Tiny Direhorn – 100
Child of Jani – 100 – complete the Get Hek’d achievement.
Lil’ Tika – 200 – complete the Lil’ Tika quest (see video).
Lil’ Ben’fon – 300 – complete Cala Cruzpot’s questline in Zuldazar starting with Aggressive Mating Strategy
Pocket Pet Portal – 1,000 (or complete 30 of the Pet Battle World Quests on the Broken Isles achievement)
Interdimensional Pet Portal – 1,000 (added in Patch 8.1) Set the total pet maximum for your account to 2000.
Zununu the Undefeated sells a number of Pet Supplies in the Exotic Supplies store (next door):
25x Battle Pet Bandages – 5
Mystery Bag – 2
Flawless Battle Training Stone – 3
Marked Flawless Battle-Stones – 15
Ultimate Battle-Training Stone – 60 (up from 45)
Madeline Netley, Stormsong Valley (for her location, see video above)
Abyssal Eel – 75
Ranishu Runt – 250
Jenoh’s questline starts with (H) A Lost Flute
You need to complete the questline starting with Kajosh which includes rescuing Shoak and bringing him to Gloom’s Hollow.
Blind Wunja – cave in the Burial Mound, Nazmir
Crimson Frog – 100
Bloodfeaster Larva – 200
Accursed Hexxer – 500
Shoak – Gloom Hollow, Nazmir / Nigel Rifthold, Drustvar
Crimson Frog – 100
Nigel Rifthold, Drustvar
Bilefang Skitterer – 100
Drustvar Piglet – 75 – complete the quests at Carver’s Harbour starting with (A) To Market, To Market.
Frenzied Cottontail – 300 – summon the Cottontail Matron from the Beastly Skull in Glenbrook Hunting Grounds.
Smoochums – 200 – complete Abby Lewis’ quest Teddies and Tea.
Nigel Rifthold will only appear as a vendor once you’ve enticed him with some chocolate.
- Head to Anyport located on the west coast of Drustvar (Horde foothold)
- Buy 10x Tirasreli Gourmet Chocolate from Xun Xun Sweetflower
- Travel to 52,31 in Drustvar (west of Fallhaven, just above the “F” in the name)
- Climb up a hill and enter a treehouse
- Loot the chest that’s inside (if you haven’t already)
- Click on the chest a second time (consumes the chocolates), Nigel will appear and be a vendor.
Dana Pull, Tiragarde Sound (for location, see video)
Greatwing Macaw – 50 – complete (A) Rodrigo’s Revenge
Mechanical Prairie Dog – 75 – complete the quest chain starting with (A) An Explosive Opportunity
In Patch 8.1, you will be able to buy the other faction’s pets without having to level up a toon on the opposite side. For Horde, you can unlock Olly as an Alliance pet vendor after some pet PVP wins.
- Cap’n Crackers
- Whomper – Through Dec 31, 2018, Blizzard will donate 100% of the purchase price from the sale of each Whomper digital pet to Code.org.
Are you excited about any of these changes? What kind of pet would you like to see this expansion?