I hope you like snails and moths because you’ll be seeing a lot of them down here. There are two main achievements with the traditional treasure hunting we’ve come to know and love, as well as, a new type of dig that’s a little (or should I say a lot) on the nose.
Treasures of Zaralek Cavern
Discover the ten hidden treasures within Zaralek Cavern.
Ancient Zaqali Chest – requires Bottled Magma
Bloody Body – requires the completion of The Ancient Bargain storyline which is the 4th chapter of the Embers of Neltharion campaign.
When I recorded the video, I was on the quests (Medicinal Fungi and Healing Crystals) for the Dragonscale Camp, but when I logged in the next morning, I could suddenly see the corpse on the ground. I had also picked up the Satiating Sharpbeak quest but hadn’t completed it yet.
Chest of the Flights – click the coloured gems in order
Do not leave the area or log out because you will lose the buff.
After the hotfix, there is no longer a 1 hr timer on the debuff. However, you will still lose your stacks if someone loots the chest first. Not sure how this will make people less salty.
When I looted my 3rd orb, I flew to the location of the chest which is pretty much a larger version of the seething orb and had no issues seeing the chest.
Seething Orb locations
/way #2133 25.24 44.80
/way #2133 26.70 47.00
/way #2133 27.66 49.01
/way #2133 27.95 51.21
/way #2133 28.75 55.30
/way #2133 29.02 41.94
/way #2133 29.15 42.50
/way #2133 29.95 47.97
/way #2133 30.20 40.00
/way #2133 31.18 51.95
/way #2133 32.72 52.23
/way #2133 32.82 52.13
/way #2133 34.41 45.71
/way #2133 35.63 48.77
/way #2133 35.79 41.39
/way #2133 36.20 44.01
/way #2133 37.59 46.72
Charred Egg – located in a nest on top of a ledge
Well-Chewed Chest – requires the Scorching Key to open
Dreamer’s Bounty – needs a debuff to open
Fealty’s Reward – interact with the dragon statue
Sniffenseek is a new type of treasure hunt in Zaralek Cavern that’s unlocked soon after you complete the first chapter of the Embers of Neltharion campaign. The Niffen may not see very well but their sense of smell sure makes up for it. Each week you can complete a maximum of three sniffenseek digs with the help of Myrrit located in Loamm. Most are short puzzles that require a bit of logic and shouldn’t take more than 5mins to solve. Although you can start a dig below level 70, you won’t get credit for completing the scenario until you’re max level.
Extra Dig Maps
With each reset, you’ll be able to go on one free dig by just talking to Myrrit. Two more maps can be picked up each week.
- Bartered Dig Map – at renown 3 with the Loamm Niffen, you can trade 3 Barter Bricks to Ponzo (58 53) for a Bartered Dig Map. Barter Bricks come from treasures and completing events around the cavern.
- Lost Dig Map – comes from the weekly reward bag after completing A Worthy Ally: Loamm Niffen quest in Loamm.
Proof of Myrrit
Complete the following Sniffenseek digs alongside a niffen companion after learning the basics from the tutorial – Brand New Digs.
- Flapping and Screaming – find the crystal with the Glowing Key
- Element Whispers – defeat the Elemental Guardian for the Champion’s Crystal using the right elemental pattern, then loot the Geode
- Those Rascally Worms – feed Pipsee 6x Cheese Snacks
- Sneak and Sniff – locate the Jangly Key
- Thieving Critters – requires the Sticky Key & Muddy Key
- Living Statue – restore the 4 etched keys, defeat the statue and loot the Heated Titan Key
- Liars in Light – examine the tablet and loot the Small Key
- Liars of Spirit – examine the tablet and loot the Fierce Key
- Vertical Anomaly – requires the Waterlogged Key
- Scratch and Sniff – question Daffydil and loot the Stolen Key
- Successful Interventions – locate Ralph and return his belongings
- Your Weight in Gold – activate all the pressure plates
- The Living Drill – requires the Spit-covered Key
- Making Scents – remove the shields from the Titan Smell Cache
- Heart of Iron – requires the Iron Titan Key
- Frostfire Finesse – create the Frostfire Key from the Flame-Engulfed Key Fragment and the Flame-Engulfed Key Fragment
- Sniffen Sage – Sniff out all possible special items while going into Sniffenseeking adventures
- He’sSss All Mine – Obtain the Battle Pet Salverun by completing the Ouroboros Tablet ritual (items obtained from Sniffenseeking reward bags)
- Complete 50 digs for the Can You Dig It? achievement.