In Battle for Azeroth, you don’t need to be a skilled archaeologist to level up the profession. Like the previous expansion, a novice in BfA archaeology will be able to step onto their first dig site in Zandalar or Kul Tiras with a 108 toon. To start, head to your archaeology trainer in your faction’s embassy (The Great Seal, Zandazar or Stormsong Valley, Kul Tiras) to learn the profession.
Things to note:
- Each location may be surveyed 9 times (offer 5-9 fragments and one skill point)
- As soon as you hit that sweet spot on a survey, a golden shovel appears
- You can hold up to 200 fragments per race
- A maximum stack of 20 keystones
- There are six common solves per race with a low chance to discover a pristine version
- Rare solves will come from digging
Levelling from 1-950 will be slow because there are only 4 dig sites spread across the whole continent and without flying, it takes a long time to hoof it by ground and taxi. It would be nice if dig sites phased us out like entering a pet battle so as soon as you activated the shovel, you could dig around in peace and not have to fight the same mobs over and over. I really think Blizz missed the boat by making the profession a little more fun, especially with that helper robot that assists you in the video.
With two main continents, it makes sense there will be a unique branch for each. Sadly, the Zandalari pet uses the same skin as a number of others like the Pygmy Direhorn but it does have Deflection which is a pretty nice change. The Restored Revenant (pictured) looks pretty cool though and similar to the Wicker Pup collected from four Treasures in Drustvar.
Keystone: Etched Drust Bone
Dig Sites: all over Kul Tiras
Keystone: Zandalari Idol
Dig sites: all over Zandalar
The Royal Treasury
Good news, everyone! They’re finally adding a Restored Artifacts vendor in Patch 8.1. Just head to the archaeology trainer in your embassy who will be able to accept your crates for older branches, including Legion ones.
- Light Travel – Complete 50 dig sites across Kul Tiras and Zandalar
- Lengthy Legwork – Complete 100 dig sites across Kul Tiras and Zandalar
- Exotic Discoveries – Restore one of each of the common Zandalari and Drust artifacts.
- Kul Tiran Archaeologist (A)- Obtain 950 skill points in archaeology.
- Kul Tiran Curator (A)- Restore and display pristine versions of all Zandalari and Drust artifacts.
- Zandalari Archaeologist (H)- Obtain 950 skill points in archaeology.
- Zandalari Curator (H) – Restore and display pristine versions of all Zandalari and Drust artifacts.